Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year's Eve Surprise!

I started my New Year's Eve celebrations at 6:27 a.m. yesterday morning. That's right. I sure love to host a good party! But at that hour, there was no confetti, no party hats and no champagne. But there was a positive pregnancy test. Or two. Or three.

We're having a baby! Baby #2 will be joining us in September 2012 - another fellow Virgo in the Kramer household and Happy Birthday to me!

After I had my few moments of joy while looking at all positive tests, I woke my husband up and he was happy to hear the news as well. Then I had to tell my sister, one of my dear friends and my mother. And later in the morning, we told Drew's parents and sisters as well. Excitement started to pour out through phone calls, text messages and many hugs! I know it's very early in the pregnancy with only being 4 weeks along, but the few people that we told yesterday morning all are very close friends and/or family members. We felt comfortable sharing our news!

So...why the title of this blog as "Pregancy & Pounds: The Good, The Bad and The Pretty?" Over the past 7 months, I have worked hard to lose 66 lbs and 47.25 inches. And just a few days ago, I finished the last cycle of my diet and was starting on maintenance. Actually on December 30th, I weighed in with my nutritionist for the last time. Most of that weight was gained from my last pregnancy (over 2 years ago) and I was determined to get it off for good. Now learning that I was pregnant again, just one day after my last weigh-in, all that kept running through my head was that, "I'm not ballooning up again!"

I am more aware of what goes into my mouth that I need to fuel my body. And going to the gym has also become a part of my routine to be more healthy and fit. I will not gain all of those pounds back that I worked so hard to lose. And believe it or not, I actually have lost 111 lbs since I gave birth to our first child. The day I stepped on the scale at the hospital when I was admitted on 08/07/09 I was 111 lbs heavier than I am today. That's an entire person. WOW!

December 31, 2011 - 4 weeks

This blog will not only be a way to share with our friends and family members details about the pregnancy, but also be an outlet for me to record my thoughts about trying to maintain a healthy weight with Baby #2 and the good, the bad and all of the pretty things throughout the journey over the next nine months. I'm sure you'll find me talk about chocolate cake on here as well (especially since I have been dreaming about it for over 7 months now).

Until then, be happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment